Friday, December 11, 2020

Servers Down

 Bloody hell!

My hosting company, WebFaction, got bought by GoDaddy a couple of years ago.

Didn't seem to make a difference but they've been folding it in through a stack of intermediate companies which don't have a good reputation.

And suddenly they pulled the plug on me.

(OK, it seems they gave me about two weeks warning in an email I didn't see, earlier)

So ...

WTF????!?!!?!?

Anyway,

Seems like all my sites are not just "down". But gone! Probably permanently.

'strewth!

So it's going to take me a bit to sort this.

In the meantime.

If you are looking for :

Fortunately I have most (though probably not all) things backed up.

And I get my domain names through a different provider, so when I get new hosting, I should be able to point the domains at it fairly quickly. Though there'll be the usual couple of days delay for that to take effect

Normal service WILL BE RESUMED.

No comments: