Thursday, February 12, 2004

Notice that synaesmedia.com is for sale!?

Hmm. Well, it's my fault I suppose. I decided to try and economise by trying to move it from Easily, but I thought the smart thing to do was wait for it to expire and then pick it up again by buying it through Hostway, maybe the next day. It's not that easily aren't a good service, I've been very happy with them. It's just that 30 quid seemed a lot of money for domain name parking at the time.

What I didn't realize was that there was a 60 day cooling off period, after my account with easily had expired, when the name wasn't available for buying. And the only way to force a transfer was to pay easily the 30 quid to renew the account.

So I waited, and, well, basically, I forgot. Now carpetbaggers have blagged my domain name.

The name itself, I'm not bothered about. I've got Synaesmedia.net which I was thinking of emphasizing anyway. And I'm kind of bored with the name "synaesmedia".

But there are a lot of links breaking now :-(

No comments: