Tuesday, September 20, 2005

ThoughtStorms, as you might have noticed, is locked.

I hate doing this. It's just that wiki-spam was getting me down. And I don't know what to do about it. WikiMinion cleans it nicely, but what's really pushed me over the line is RSS.

Anyone subscribing to a syndication feed based on RecentChanges is going to see nothing but spams and rollbacks. And probably will unsubscribe pretty quickly.

Of course, wiki isn't a blog. And recent-changes shouldn't be treated as an RSS feed of new stories. And yet, it sort of is.

I don't want people giving up on following TS because of the spam.

Obviously, what I really need is some kind of wiki where spam and rollbacks don't make it to the RSS feed. Maybe I'll look into that, though I have so many other projects on the go at the moment. Had a good weekend working on SystemSketch.

No comments: