Thursday, April 28, 2005

Am I a racist? Apparently so :

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for African American relative to European American

Implicit Association Test

Hmmm... not entirely convinced. For example, the order thingie. (See FAQ Q.1)

Having started by associating African-American with "good", I then had to unlearn this behaviour for the second phase, when I was getting a bit more tired and bored. Any connection there?

The FAQ claims order has a negligible effect they're compensating for but I'd like to see a link to some kind of evidence that they've callibrated the test with neutral stimuli to detect order based effects.

Also, look! I hang around with a very PC crowd. I'd be really embarrassed to get this test "wrong". I was probably more careful not to conflate black / bad than other combinations.

Still, it's interesting.

No comments: